Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Let It Snow!

Thursday 1 December 2011

It's December, which means it's near enough Christmas, which means it's time for the return of the blog snow! If you're reading this via spellmaking.blogspot.com, you should be seeing it now ...

Ho, ho and, indeed, ho.



My thanks to Scott Schiller for the code that draws the snow. If you want it on your blog, too, just create one of them HTML/JavaScript gadgets for your sidebar or something and paste in this code :

<script src="http://files.main.bloggerstop.net/uploads/3/0/2/5/3025338/snowstorm.js" type="text/javascript">
snowStorm.snowColor = '#99ccff';
snowStorm.flakesMaxActive = 128;
snowStorm.useTwinkleEffect = true;
</script>

And that should do it. There are a few things you can tweak if you go and look at his original JavaScript. Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. I rather like that.

    I gave it a try on my blog but it runs too slowly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fairyhedgehog,

    That's a shame! If you have a lot of other Javascript and gadgets and such running it might get a bit slow. We'll just have to hope for the real thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! As long as it's not dandruff;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas. Heh. No, it's definitely snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,

    Real snow I can't do - but do have some virtual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that! The joy of snow without the wet feet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen,

    Hard to have a decent snowball fight though ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I also like your sparkling Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deborah,

    Yes, don't know whay the hat hasn't shown up yet. It will soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ho HO! Very festive. And congrats on reaching your November Write1Sub1 goals, Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hat is back. Christmas is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the snow. It might be appearing on my blog, too. I have some real snow on the ground outside my window. Congrats on the recent publications and meeting your W1S1 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cool! Thanks for sharing this, Simon :) Will give it a try right now--and congratulations on the publication of Her Pale Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Snow!

    I'll see if I can get it to work on mine.

    Congrats on W1S1!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lydia - I see you got it working!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.