Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Her Pale Smile Published by Electric Spec

Thursday 1 December 2011


Celebrations here at Spellmaking Towers as Her Pale Smile is published by Electric Spec.

This is another story that started life as a Twitter-length tale, then grew. The original piece was published in Trapeze back in 2010 as a runner-up in the magazine's Hallowe'en contest :

The worst of it was he’d had his heart-attack riding the ghost train. Now, however much he wailed and screamed, no-one took him seriously.

Her Pale Smile expands the story up to 2200 words or so, but it's the same basic idea, as you'll see from the opening :

If I’ve learned one thing in the two years I’ve been trapped in here, it’s this. Don’t ever die of a heart-attack riding a ghost train.

The story is a free read available here.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it on the train (am printing it out!!)! Congratulations!! And hooorah! your snow graphic is back and hopefully so will THE HAT - *wink, wink*!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Kitty,

    Great! And fear not, THE HAT will be back ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, Simon. I saw Cradle of Filth at Ozzfest a few years back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milo,

    I'm impressed! I'm a fan but I've never seen them I must admit.

    Deborah,

    Thanks. High praise coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked it, Golden Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great story.
    I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.