Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Four Acceptances In One Day? WTF!

Friday 5 November 2010

Had a good day yesterday : four works of one sort or another accepted. Definitely a record for me.

Trapeze Magazine accepted a Twitter piece titled Green Magick. That'll see the light of day early next year.

Ether - great name - accepted two realist/literary works : She'd Always Loved To Travel and Seek Alternative Route. This is a fascinating market and definitely one to watch. They distribute short fiction via an iPhone app : like myself, they're convinced short stories and eReaders make perfect bedfellows. And they've recently been shortlisted for a Mobile Entertainment Award in the Best Mobile Book Company category.

Finally, the luscious Bolts of Silk accepted a poem called Standing Stones, which will appear in the next couple of months. This is my third success with them after Coalmining and ' were published there last year.

So, all in all, a pretty good old day.

By the way, on the subject of poetry, which I only write occasionally, you know I rather suspect my poetic muse moonlights. She spends most of her time inspiring others. Only when she has a few scraps left over no-one else wants does she drop by and toss them my way. I really would like to write more ...

24 comments:

  1. You are having way too much fun. Nice work, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce,

    I know. I'm sure it won't last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love to hear about all your successes, although it makes me realise that I'm not going to get anything published unless I actually write it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fairyhedgehog,

    Many thanks. Yes, that would be my #1 writing tip : you do actually have to write something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, congratulations Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    It was one of you poems (') that made me follow your blog. Maybe you're being a bit hard on your muse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas,

    Really? How interesting. One of my favourites that one. OK, I'll go easier on the muse. Next time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! You;ve moved the book from your face!!! LOL!! Hello!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :-)

    Yes, write more poetry!!!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Kitty,

    Hello! Yes, the books has gone, now it's just my hideous features.

    Will try to write more poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Thats a great day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Four in one day would have me floored, so I'm impressed that you're able to speak coherently at all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That's fantastic! Don't forget to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Witless,

    It did take me a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Vicki. I shall allow myself a brief celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Four acceptances in one day? FTW -- FOR THE WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Milo,

    Heh. Yes, a goodly total. I'm sure you can beat it though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work, matey! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. N. R., Kate and Sue,

    Thanks. Every day should be like that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.