Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Fantasy Short Story Sold to FaePublishing

Monday 9 May 2011

Wonderful news on a Monday morning : FaePublishing have bought my fantasy short story The Library at the Centre of the World, which I penned back in March as my Write1Sub1 piece for week #10. This is my second pro sale (paying 5c/word), following on from the Daily Science Fiction sale of last month. So, the short fiction is going well. That said, I do seem to be doing a fantastic job of picking out the markets that pay pro rates but that don't (yet?) qualify for SFWA membership ...

In other news, Trapeze have published my latest time-travel SF microstory here. It's called The Grandfather Paradox, which may help explain things ...

17 comments:

  1. Outstanding news, Simon. And all you gotta do is wait for retrospective accreditation. Surely DSF's is going to kick in soon. They're well established.

    What a fablous year you're having. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deborah and, yes, I'm sure you're right. I'm not entirely clear why I want SFWA memership, actually. I just really, really would like to qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you and your crazy fab stories!! I loved your microfiction over at Trapeze!! Yay!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Kitty,

    "Crazy fab" is what I aspire to. Thanks for your comments here and over at Trapeze. Mucho appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Simon. Last year I was so desperate to do it, and now I've got it, I'm a bit, meh. Voting in the nebulas was cool, but worth $80 -?

    It's a moutain, and as writers we like to climb them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that nano-story. I do like your style...alot.

    Congrats on the acceptance. Another to add to your growing body of paid fiction. Now excuse me while I google SFWA; I hadn't even thought about this sort of membership until now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ellie! Sorry, yes, SFWA is Science Fiction Writers of America. Qualifying professional markets are listed here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, sir! And I'm with you on the whole SFWA thing. No pro-sales for me yet, but I too hope to someday qualify (for some reason).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very awesome, Simon! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milo,

    Just a matter of time, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo, congratulations!!!!!! I'll have to click over and read them when I get home from work. Gives me something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Rainy Day! I know you've been through quite a lot of late, so many thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.