Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Write1Sub1 Week #13 Check-In

Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday is Write1Sub1 Weekly check-in day. I'm posting updates on my short fiction output here as well as over on the main Write1Sub1 blog.

Various pieces of longer fiction (more of which another time) have been taking up most of my time this week, but Write1Sub1 has kept me on the straight and narrow as regards shorter fiction too :

  • Fantasy short story The Standing Stones of Erelong from last week revised and submitted.
  • Science Fiction flash story wolF emiT written. This is a development of a Twitter story of the same name published in Trapeze back in February. After mulling it over for a few months I decided the idea could be expanded into a longer story. I think it works. To be revised and (hopefully) submitted next week ...

8 comments:

  1. Well done you!!!!! Good luck with your longer story version of wolF emiT!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for expanding! Some of your short pieces are filled to the brim with potential. Glad you're giving one of them a chance, yay!

    Good luck with the submissions and have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Words Crafter : we'll see how it goes! Have a great Sunday yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for revitalising old stories! Never throw anything away is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I decided the idea could be expanded into a longer story" -- I love it when this happens. A handful of my W1S1 tweet-tales have evolved into the short stories I've then gone on to submit in later weeks. No acceptances yet, but it's a cool process to go from micro to macro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milo,

    It is. And best of luck to both of us ...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.