Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

We Three Wins

Sunday 6 February 2011

Sorry, I know posts like this are boring. Feel free to ignore. Can't resist trumpeting the news when something of mine gets accepted ...

First up, delighted to report that Dark Fiction are going to be publishing an urban fantasy/zombie short story wot I wrote called Bones are Rising to the Surface. DF are a podcast magazine, so the story will be recorded and made available for download. Which is exciting : a first for me. The story may be made available as a bunch of symbols on the screen too.

Bones is set in Manchester (England), where I lived for many years and DF are, as it happens, based in Manchester too. Little things like this make me very happy ...

Next up, Trapeze have accepted another Tweet-sized story, this one called The Grandfather Paradox. This completes a triptych of time-travel based SF Twitter stories of mine that will be appearing in Trapeze over the next couple of months.

And finally, Seedpod Publishing have accepted another Tweet-sized story for publication later this month. This one is called All The Things He'd Never Done With His Life.

The latter two stories were written just recently as part of Write1Sub1 - which I'm finding an invaluable spur to short fiction writing. 

So anyway I'm happy. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

14 comments:

  1. Hoorah. I love good news posts, Simon.

    Plus they give me ideas where to sub. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Especially for the recorded zombie tale.

    Post like this aren't boring, they're landmarks in you writing life. Why WOULDN'T you mention them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deborah and I hope the post is of use. I'm surprised someone as prodigious as you needs ideas on where to sub though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas,

    Fair enough. And thanks. I just figure it's quite a boring sort of blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're hot, you're hot! A great start to 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, these are the posts I find quite UNboring! Congrats, my friend; I look forward to reading and hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! Your prolific-ness AND your publications too are just AWESOME!!! Well done you!!! Keep these stories coming - they're great!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milo,

    Thanks dude. I hope to have more such posts soon. Gotta try and keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! Congratulations!!! And I love to hear good news. It inspires and offers hope. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go ahead and cheer!! And I'll cheer with you, woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.