Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Kimota Resurrected as Kzine; Good Vibrations To Be Published

Sunday 9 January 2011

Way back in 2001 I sold an early SF story called Good Vibrations to a UK magazine called Kimota. I was delighted about it at the time : Kimota was a market I really wanted to crack. Not long after, though, Kimota folded. I don't think it had anything to do with my story appearing there ...
But the magazine was much missed. That's why I was delighted to learn just recently it is to be brought back to life. It is metamorphosing into Kzine, a Kindle-based eZine. Seems there are a few SF magazines popping back up over here. Is there a resurgence in speculative short fiction?

Anyway, Graeme Hurry, the man behind Kzine, also announced plans to publish an anthology of Kimota stories in a new anthology to support the setting up of Kzine. And Good Vibrations is to be there! w00t. It's kind of an odd story but I was very pleased with it at the time. Here's the opening line :

Mark E Moon put his empty pint glass down onto the bar, looked up at the barman and said, "So, what year have we reached?"

Fortunately Graeme recalled the story too :

I must say I found your story unique when it came in ... glad to have published it.
I'll let you have more details of the Kzine anthology when I know them.

Meanwhile they are already accepting submissions. Details on the web site. I shall definitely send them something. Payments, I see, "will be based on subscriptions and story length but cannot be determined in advance."

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome, congratulations!

    That's one of the best things about new technology. A whole group of people who might otherwise not bother to read are picking up Kindles and Nooks, and iPads, and READING.

    Now there's going to be ezines? Sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news and another published and re-published story of yours!!! Well done you!! I hope that whatever payment you get will inclued VAT!!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Words Crafter! Yes, eZines do sound like a great idea. I'm sure they're the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Kitty,

    Thanks - definitely a good start to the year. The VAT would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golden Eagle,

    Indeed! Well worth submitting to I'd say ...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.