Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

My Extensive Research Into What People Want To Read ...

Sunday 21 November 2010

OK, actually this took me about a second to discover. And it's not really what people want to read so much as what stuff people generally like. But, hey. It's a tag cloud from Amazon.com (current one here). In other words, it's a visual representation of the most popular tags people have applied to stuff (not just books) they've bought/discovered/downloaded on Amazon. And presumably, I'm thinking, people will only bother to tag stuff they like.

I think it's pretty interesting. Fantasy and science fiction are big I see. As is adventure and music. So my recent Kindle release Guitar Heroes should do OK then - got most of those bases covered! Clearly what I need to write, though, is a fantasy romance with some comedy and adventure thrown in. And some vampires, possibly playing on an xbox. That looks like being a sure-fire winner!



14 comments:

  1. Always good to have it confirmed that fantasy remains hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. That's interesting. Wonder what the list looked like on Halloween?

    This is a fun exercise. I'm now going to have to do random checks to find out what's 'hot' at random moments.

    You reminded me; I have a friend who checks out what page 666 is about in any book with at least as many pages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words Crafter,

    Yes, I wonder how much the list changes - must keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh History Horror Humour! LOL!! I like that combination!! This tagging thing is fun!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old Kitty,

    LOL. History Horror Humour should be a genre all of its own shouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of "religion rock romance" -- might have to throw my proverbial hat into that arena posthaste...

    On a related note, I'm publicising your Write1Sub1 post today on my blog. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milo,

    Nice. Mind you, 10 followers already is pretty good I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I want me some of that hysterical historical horror too!

    Interesting that two of the most prominent words are comedy and humor, and yet agents say comedies never sell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I see romance is up there, too! How interesting... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talli,

    Just a bit of fun, but you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantasy is King! :D

    Although, I must say, I find it hard to get "new" fantasy writing that appeals to me in the same way the older titles have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda,

    Fair point. Must admit I like to mix reading old and new stuff myself.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.