Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Guitar Heroes Available on the Kindle, iPad, Web etc.

Sunday 7 November 2010

Guitar Heroes, a knockabout urban fantasy short story, is now available on the Kindle, as well as on the iPad, iPhone, Kobo, web etc. Many thanks to those of you who read and reviewed the story - I'm eternally and undyingly grateful! The reviews I've had have been very, very kind.

If you want to have a read, the 7000 word story is here on the US Kindle store, here on the UK Kindle store (shop as we would say!) and, via Smashwords, here for all the other devices. For a month you can download and read it for free on the Smashwords site by entering this promotional code : VX25U. You don't actually need an eReader device or anything : you can just read it online or download it as text.

Here's the blurb I'm using :
A knockabout, urban fantasy short story. Screaming Machinery are a moderately successful power-trio from Manchester, playing gigs to rapturous local crowds. But none of their fans realise they are also mighty heroes, regularly saving the world with magic and sword.

They are called upon again when Manchester comes under dire threat. Eighteen murders take place, each a node in a vast rune drawn across the city in blood. Something very large and powerful is coming through and it’s up to Screaming Machinery to try and stop them ...

We'll see how it does. As I mentioned the other day, I'm still experimenting with this epublishing malarkey. Will fantasy do better or worse than SF? Will the shorter form be the ereader success I've predicted? We shall see!

6 comments:

  1. Go read it people!! It's a blast! I normally fall asleep on the train but reading it kept me awake cos it was really action packed fun! I loved it!:-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Old Kitty! From now on I shall write thinking, "Now, what would keep Old Kitty awake on the train here" ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to read this. It sounds great fun, and an idea that could go well beyond a short story. But, um, I hope you don't mind if I go for the free option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas,

    Always delighted to have any readers! By all means use the free code; that's what it's for. Or, if you like, I can just email it to you in the format of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read. I picked up some of the hidden gems and didn't guess the ending. It has tremendous pace. I suspect if/when I read it again I'll get more out of the story - always the sign of good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UBERTyke,

    That's excellent, many thanks. Really glad you spotted some of the hidden gems and jokes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.