Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Got My Ticket for Michael Moorcock!

Thursday 14 October 2010

I've just got my ticket to see Michael Moorcock, Iain M. Banks, Gwyneth Jones and China Miéville at one of the Future Fictions events at this year's Cheltenham Literature Festival. Very excited. Moorcock was hugely important to me when I was younger. I would sometimes read several of his books a day. Ah, how I loved Corum.

It's good to see speculative fiction having some sort of presence at the festival. Some of the sessions are slightly bemusing, though. There's one called "How to Read Science Fiction". I suppose credit is due for trying but, uh, that's actually pretty easy guys. What you do is you open an SF book and there'll be all these words there ...

I'll report back on Sunday on how the session went.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun!

    I've never had any problems reading science fiction either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How to read..." LOL!!!!

    Easy when you know how! :-)

    OH WOW!! Have fun and I look forward to a full report!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read Mieville's The City and the City -- good stuff. Looking forward to your update. Plan on vying for any autographs, perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, yes, I could go for an autograph couldn't I? A signed copy of Elric would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a great time - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.