Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Superior Scribbling

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Tina over at The Clean White Page has magnanimously awarded me the Superior Scribbler award. This is a sort of benign pyramid scheme of praise : if you're given the award you then pass it on to five other blogs that you know and love and that you think deserve the recognition. And so on. Thanks Tina!

The originator of the scheme laid down certain rules back in the distant mists of time (in fact in October 2008.) I'm not really one for following rules, but, hey, this seems like an enjoyable enough game so I'll play along ...



These are the rules :

  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

These, meanwhile, are the five blogs I'd like to pass the award onto. I follow so many fantastic blogs that I found this an almost impossible decision. In the end I just plumped for the first five upon which I read something entertaining, useful or intriguing. Here they are :

That Elusive Line - for evocative writing and wonderful artwork.
Jo Treggiari - for an always entertaining read.
A Limb to be Published - for being entertaining and describing stuff I recognize.
Bolts of Silk - for fine poetry (ahem, and some of mine too).
PC Games and Reviews - for keeping me up to date with the world of computer games.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Simon!

    I'll get on to this soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am superior.

    Blimey, I'd better do some more posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much. :) I'll have to think about my nominations a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for this! Bolts of Silk foesn't generally do awards so I'll need to find a way round that....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.