Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Open University Creative Writing MA Latest

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Judging by the number of people browsing to my previous post about the Open University's forthcoming Masters degreee in creative writing, there's a very great deal of interest in this course. There certainly is from me.


I've gleaned a little more information from the Faculty of Arts at the OU and it now looks like the date of 2010 mentioned on this page is wrong. By the time you read this, they may well have updated it. Apparently the date "is still not finalized". I infer from this that 2011 is actually more likely than 2010 - i.e. starting two years hence.

That's just me guessing though, and I hope 2010 is still a possibility. Whichever, they really, really could do a better job of keeping (potential) students informed. Are they still at the vague planning stage or have they got a first draft? As I said before, I think the development of this course (or any course) is a natural candidate for a blog. Using technology to reach students wherever they may be is part of the whole point of the OU. And a course about Creative Writing, which will surely touch upon blogging somewhere along the line, seems to me to demand one even more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big advocate of the OU. I spent several years studying towards a Modern Languages degree and found it slotted into my hectic schedule really well. (Plus I got to study Jane Eyre which is one of my all-time favs.)percul

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.