Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

A Degree of Success

Tuesday 9 December 2008

I found out today that I've passed the last part of my Open University literature BA and have been awarded a first. Major celebrations all round. I've been working towards this since 1993 - admittedly with an eight-year hiatus in the middle - so it's obviously fantastic to get to the end of it.

The course covered a lot of ground, including both literary analysis and creative writing. I've enjoyed it immensely. It means very much more to me than the degree I got umpteen years ago from a brick university. This is the one I should have started when I was 18 and completed when I was 21. I'm 44 now so it's only a little overdue. But it's never too late for these things.

I also notice there's word of the Open University starting a Creative Writing MA in the next couple of years. I just might think about it ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.