Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Time for the Story to Leave Home ...

Monday 13 October 2008

Seek Alternative Route has ended up with a rating of 4.1 (out of 5) on YouWriteOn, and 4.3 to fans of the story's particular genre. Not sure what this latter means as the story is mainstream/non-genre but it sounds good. The ratings have been enough to get it into the top 20.

I thought about leaving it on there for a bit, mainly out of curiosity to see if it would go any higher. But really, there isn't much point. The feedback I've had has been encouraging and useful. More to the point, no-one has highlighted anything that I feel needs changing. Time to get the story out there! I've submitted it to Pulp.Net. Who have, incidentally, an excellent submission system : just a simple web page and an email to confirm they have the story.

I've sent three stories to them in the past : Body of Work, Flotsam and Sunken Bells, all of which they rejected and two of which (so far) have been accepted elsewhere. So they're a pretty tough market. We'll see how the story does ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.