Goodreads Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Flash Fiction : Light Years (52/100)

Sunday 5 September 2010

... What ...








Light Years
is a work of flash fiction. In fact it is the slowest piece of flash-fiction ever written. In real-time its one hundred words would take exactly 10,000 years to recount. Because of the limitations of a normal human life-span, it has been specially accelerated to the speed of one word per week. It will therefore take just under two years to tell from start to finish.

For a full history of the transmissions, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Peeking in from Donna's party. I must say it's strange to see a post with tomorrow's date ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Ross,

    Yes, I realise this must be confusing. I think it's probably confusing for people who've followed it from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Weavers,

    Ah, yes, I'm blogging from the future actually. Oh, wait, no - from the UK, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the BBQ.

    This is such a great and interesting idea. I have such a bad memory, though, I'll have to look at the entire history each week! :)

    Look forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witless,

    Can I call you that? I do know what you mean. It's kind of ... experimental.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.